If you’re looking to level up your creator business, you’ve come to the right place. Please note: I may receive affiliate commission for any of the links on this page, but I only recommend things I love and use or have used.
Angie’s Favorite Biz Tools
This is a list of the tools I use (or have used) in my business. They help things run more smoothly and help you keep your business on track. This page will be regularly updated, so keep an eye on it for new/updated information.
- TubeBuddy – a great way to optimize your videos so you can be found by the people who want to see your videos and grow your channel. The free plugin works great, and if you like, you can get one of the paid versions as you grow. Even the free extension is incredibly useful!
- Textedly – the text message service that allows me to text my viewers from my computer before each live session on YouTube.
- Zoom – the tool that helps me easily go live on YouTube, Facebook and to host webinars and interviews at will. There is a free version!
Photo Editor Tools
- iPiccy.com – Best online photo editor I’ve found. Completely free.
- Snappa.com – Ideal for creating graphics, YouTube thumbnails, and more.
Run Your Business Tools
- 17hats – a client management system that makes billing and followups simple and allows for a lot of automation. Reasonably priced and very helpful in a small biz situation. Now it also includes client portals!
- Acuity Scheduling – allows clients to self-schedule appointments and to pay their invoices all at once. Makes life SO much easier for all involved and pays for itself with the first appointment.
- VistaPrint.com – For business cards, promotional items, giveaways, postcards – the list goes on and on. You can almost always find a deal – and if you use THIS LINK, you can save $10 off the top.
- Mailchimp.com – Email service – Powered by MailChimp
Website & Blogging Platform Tools
- WordPress.org – I use WordPress.org software to build most of my websites.
- Blogger.com – I started out using Blogger.com (which is a Google-owned blogging platform). It is free and relatively simple to use, though not as flexible as I needed. However, it was and is very easy to export the posts, and Google indexes it very well. Google Adsense integrates seamlessly (though I rarely made more than a few cents a month on that front). Blogger can also be useful as part of an automated publishing strategy for YouTube videos to other platforms via RSS feed and automatic import tools.
- Namecheap – Namecheap is my hosting company and while it’s not perfect, I’ve been overall very satisfied with their on-demand support and efforts to help me keep my sites up and running.
Best Chrome Extensions for Creators
Here are a few resources you can use when writing blog posts, making Youtube videos, and generally creating content.
1. Grammarly – Free Chrome Extension for editing spelling and grammar mistakes.
2. Grammar Checker – The best free grammar checking tool for WordPress blogs.
3. Check My Links – Free Chrome Extension that finds broken links on your website.
4. Link Prospector – A free Chrome Extension that finds broken links on any website you visit.
5. TinyURL Generator – A free Chrome Extension that allows you to generate shortened URLs for tracking purposes.
6. Google Dictionary – A free Chrome Extension that defines words directly on any website you are viewing.
7. Google Translate – A free Chrome Extension that translates words or phrases directly on the web page you are viewing.
8. Screencastify – Screencastify is a free Chrome extension that allows you to record entire web pages or just screen regions as an MP4 video file using your computer’s microphone and webcam (or external microphone plugged into your computer). Editing is done by cropping the video file directly in the
Online Teaching & Community Tools
- Teachable.com – If you’re looking for a place to create online courses, coaching programs, and other electronic content you’d like to sell or create memberships with, Teachable is an effective and relatively inexpensive platform to use. There’s also a free program. This is where I host Life Makeover Academy
- Mighty Networks – A community-focused platform you can build your own forum/social network within your niche. I find it helpful for people who don’t enjoy Facebook groups, and it is also a place you can host courses, coaching programs, and more. This is where I host MySpanily.com, my off-Facebook support system for QueenBeeing.com.
- Soundwise – I don’t know about you, but I don’t always have time to do a separate podcast! That’s why I use Soundwise – it allows me to automatically turn my YouTube videos into podcasts and ALSO distributes them! Can’t beat that.