*Editor’s Note: This post was originally written in March 2015. My career has taken many twists and turns since I wrote this post originally, but in all the best possible ways. This is the first in a series of posts I’ll be republishing about how I publish/published on Kindle and how it helped to advance my career.
After having made my living online since 2005, I know a thing or two about what to do (and what not to do) to be successful. So why should you care what I’ve got to say? Let me offer a few good reasons.
1. As I said, I’ve been making my living by writing and creating online since 2005.
2. As I have spent years evolving my business and have managed to become relatively successful, I am excited to share what I learn with you and all of my fellow writers, bloggers, video creators, podcasters, life coaches, and other online entrepreneurs. The truth is that I’d be thrilled to learn that I offered up some nugget of info that helped someone change their lives in a positive way, and especially if it means they can follow their true passion and turn it into a career.
3. So far, I’ve published a total of nine* of my own books on the Amazon Kindle Store through the KDP Select program, which, to be honest, has increased my monthly book royalties by more than a thousand percent, no shit. I’ve also published a variety of other books for other authors (via BlissFire Media, my publishing company). BTW: All of my Kindle books are ALWAYS free for Kindle Unlimited members. *2021 update: the number is now 25!
4. Speaking of my publishing company, as a publisher, I can offer a unique insight into what “we” want and as an author and social media marketer, I’ll offer up a blueprint for each step of the process. Every book I write and publish is meant to make my reader’s life better in some way. The same goes for my blog posts – both here and on QueenBeeing.com.
5. Along with my fellow freelancer, Alyssa Ast, recognized SEO expert and writer, I founded and managed The WM Freelance Writers Connection and several other networking sites for more than four years – I have plenty of experience with sharing information and have always believed in doing so freely.
6. I’m passionate about my work and so are you. And as a certified life coach, I know how to help you get where you want to go – and how to get where I want to go, too! Let’s do this together, shall we?
7. I’m good at explaining things in a direct, succinct way that nearly anyone can understand. That means it’s easy to read my work, a definite bonus for anyone.
8. I always offer up freebies and bonuses to people who visit my blogs, Facebook pages, and other social media outlets; and those who subscribe to my mailing lists get a lot of extra awesome just for being so cool.
9. I never pretend to know everything – so I’ll be learning with you, from you, and about you as we go along. I believe that an open mind is paramount to success, and the willingness to grow and change your beliefs will mean the difference between really living and just existing.
10. I like to win. I want you to win, too, because it means I’ll have won that much harder (by being able to help you follow your passion, which is my passion!).